‘A deserted island… a lost man… memories of a fatal crash… a book written by a dying explorer.’
Dear Esther immerses you in a stunningly realised world, a remote and desolate island somewhere in the outer Hebrides. As you step forwards, a voice begins to read fragments of a letter: ‘Dear Esther…’ – and so begins a journey through one of the most original first-person games of recent years.
Abandoning traditional gameplay for a pure story-driven experience, Dear Esther fuses its beautiful environments with a breathtaking soundtrack to tell a powerful story of love, loss, guilt and redemption.
• Every play-through a unique experience, with randomly generated audio, visuals and events.
• Explore incredible environments that fully immerse you in the haunting island and its mysterious past.
• A poetic, semi-randomised story like you’ve never experienced in a game before.
• Stunning soundtrack composed by Jessica Curry, featuring world-class musicians.
• An uncompromisingly inventive game delivered to the highest AAA standards.
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition has been remade with the Unity engine, featuring a full audio remaster, and the addition of a brand-new Directors’ Commentary mode, allowing players to explore the island and learn what inspired the game and how it was crafted by The Chinese Room and Rob Briscoe.
• OS: 10.7.5 or later
• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (2 * 2260) or equivalent
• Memory: 2 GB RAM
• Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 (256 MB)
• Storage: 2 GB available space